You’d like to pursue German courses in Delhi but cannot decide which one is best or suitable for you?
Are you looking for the right program or the best German language classes in any College or University, learning institutes in Delhi?
Why Learn German of all the languages?
The career Scope of German in India is marvelous and full of career opportunities.
Choosing the right foreign language is extremely vital, and German as an international language is booming in emerging countries like India.
It is a significant value-add to your resume as the job options in foreign languages are infinite.
Table of Contents
- German Classes at Colleges and Universities
- Top 7 German Language Institutes in Delhi
German Classes at Colleges and Universities
If you wish to pursue the German courses in Delhi, the capital city has some good German institutes starting from beginner’s levels to advanced ones.
There are dozens of options that provide German language classes in Delhi.
I advise you to join the one with a good reputation, excellent track record, and deliver results.
1. German Courses in Delhi University
If you want to pursue a German language course at DU, you have two options.
Either you can choose between a part-time certificate, diploma, and an advanced diploma from one of the DU affiliated Colleges.
Or you can enroll in a full-time degree program in the department of GRS at Arts faculty.
A) German in North Campus Colleges
- St. Stephen’s College, University Enclave – Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma.
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Pitampura – Certificate.
- Satyawati College, Ashok Vihar – Certificate and Diploma.
- Daulat Ram College, Maurice Nagar – Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma.
- Hansraj College, Malka Ganj – Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma.
- Ramjas College, Maurice Nagar, Delhi University – Certificate.
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya, Pitampura, Near Sainik Vihar – Certificate.
- Mata Sundri College, Mata Sundri Lane – Certificate.
- Miranda House, Patel Chest Marg – Certificate.
- Hindu College, University Enclave – Certificate.
- SGTB Khalsa College, Mall Road – Certificate.
- Shyam Lal College, Shahdara – Certificate, and Diploma.
B) German in South Campus Colleges
- College of Vocational Studies, Sheikh Sarai Ph-II – Certificate, and Diploma.
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, Netaji Nagar – Certificate and Diploma.
- Acharya Narendra Dev College, Govindpuri, Kalkaji – Certificate and Diploma.
- Bharati College, C-4 Janakpuri – Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma.
- Sri Venkateswara College, Dhaula Kuan – Certificate.
- Gargi College, Siri Road fort – Certificate.
German is also offered as Discipline Course II in two colleges (Delhi College of Arts and Commerce and Gargi College) of the D.U.
It is being provided as a Discipline paper to the BA degree course as well as the generic elective paper to the BA honors students.
C) Dept. of Germanic and Romance Studies
Department of Germanic and Romance Studies at Arts faculty offers BA, MA, M.Phil., and a Ph.D. in German.
Not only German language skills, but the program also imparts knowledge about history, literature, culture, and customs.
Plus, the GRS department also offers scholarships to study or do research in Germany and other German-speaking regions.
2. JNU — Centre of German Studies (CGS)
The Centre of German Studies (CGS) at SLL&CS is among the first departments to offer separate German degrees in literature, and translation and interpretation.
JNU offers BA, MA, MPhil, and Ph.D. Program in German.
Besides these language programs at JNU, the center also provides a four-semester optional in the German Language to BA students of other languages.
Top 7 German Language Institutes in Delhi
Whether you choose to learn German as a hobby or for career advancement.
There are some German Institutes in Delhi that offer experiences that are unique, innovative, or just plain awesome for German language learning.
Here’s a list of some great learning centers for you to consider.
1. Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages
Founded in 1958, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages offers 1-year part-time German courses in Delhi.
It is divided into two semesters of 5 months each.
Students coming out passed in the examination after the second semester will be awarded a certificate.
2. Institute for Career Studies – YMCA
The Institute for Career Studies at YMCA New Delhi is offering a one-year Diploma in German.
The classes are held thrice in a week, and one-year fees are Rs. 46,676.
3. Women’s Training Institute – YWCA
The women’s training Institute at YWCA New Delhi is offering one year course in German.
The session starts in July every year, and cost is Rs. 37,800.
4. Goethe-Institut (Max Mueller Bhavan)
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. In India, The Instituts called Max Müller Bhavans, in honor of the German philologist and Indologist.
They have qualified and experienced German faculty.
Besides, fully equipped classrooms, study material, and international curricula, the best learning environment is what the embassy affiliated German institute boast to offer.
The course is divided into six broad levels: Goethe-Zertifikat A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, and C2.
The center also offers both intensive (Fast-Track) and extensive (Standard) courses, and intermediate and advanced levels are subdivided into 2 or 3 parts.
While fees are on the higher side but the teaching is considered top-notch.
All the courses are structured according to the CEFR, Goethe-Zertifikat, and TestDaF.
5. Language Pantheon in Green Park
Language Pantheon was established in the year 2006 to impart German Language education in Delhi. This learning center is exclusively for the German language.
It is one of the leading institutes providing German classes in Delhi.
All the courses are developed as per the Zertifikat Deutsch.
They have various types of batches, focusing on Beginners level (A1) to Expert Level (C1). The fee is Rs. 13,000 to 16,000 for each level.
6. The German Language School
The German Language School is undoubtedly another excellent choice.
Currently, they have three centers in Vasant Kunj, Dwarka, and Gurgaon.
As per the information available, they don’t offer any weekday classes.
With the certified and experienced teaching staff and exclusive reputation, this institute has become one of the prominent names in the field of German learning in Delhi / NCR.
The programs are designed as per the German proficiency test.
Institut German courses are divided into four broad parts: A1, A2, B1, and B2, and further subdivided in 2 parts, namely A1.1 & A1.2, A2.1 & A2.2., B1.1 & B1.2., and B2.1 & B2.2.
The price is Rs. 9,500 for each sub-level.
Address: 29, B-10 Market, Vasant Kunj | YC Space, Near Radisson Blu, Plot No. 94, Sector 13, Dwarka | Instaoffice Business Centre, 607-608, Tower C, Courtyard, Nirvana, Sector 50, Gurgaon
Contact: 98109 21353 / 535.
Email: [email protected]
7. German Language Circle in Rohini
German Language Circle is one of the renowned German Coaching Institute located in Rohini, Delhi. They are offering German courses in Delhi since 2014.
The German instructors are experts (ex-faculty of Max Mueller Bhavan) in coaching and cater to the students’ needs keen on acquiring the German language.
Though a private setup, the team is wholeheartedly committed to creating a healthy and viable educative environment.
There are a total of 8 levels as per the German ability test. The number of hours is 80-100 per level, except B2 and C2 (200 hours since B2 & C2 are divided into two parts).
Fees per Course/Level is INR 16,000 (including all study material and books).