For foreign language courses in Hyderabad, look no further.
Find top universities and learning centers offering French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Arabic, Persian, Italian, Chinese classes in Hyderabad.
Wondering, “Why learn a foreign language?”
Today, we are living in the age of globalization.
Faster communication, extensive travel, increasing exchange of ideas, information, outsourcing of jobs, the internet, modern technology have reduced the world into a global village.
Of all the reasons, immigration, the pursuit of a hobby, study abroad, jobs involving languages are the principal motivators.
Choosing which language to learn can be a tricky thing.
If you’re not sure, you can check out Which foreign language has more demand?
Table of Contents
- Foreign Language Classes in Hyderabad
- 1. Foreign Language Courses at EFL University
- 2. Study Languages at Osmania University
- 3. Language Courses in Hyderabad University
- 4. Ramakrishna Math – Vivekananda Institute
- 5. French Classes at Alliance Française, Hyderabad
- 6. German Classes at Goethe-Zentrum, Hyderabad
- 7. Vivekananda Institute Of Foreign Languages
Foreign Language Classes in Hyderabad
Here, we have the list of some of the best and known options for foreign language classes in Hyderabad. It includes all the necessary details for you to join and thus learn a language of your choice.
1. Foreign Language Courses at EFL University
The EFLU is the only University in India and South Asia that focuses exclusively on teaching languages.
Today, the EFLU Hyderabad campus offers Arabic, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Russian from certificate to Ph.D.
All programs provide an interdisciplinary curriculum with an emphasis on literature, language, and culture.
EFLU also provides scholarships to exemplary students.
Foreign Language courses in EFLU is offered through two schools, the School of European Languages and the School of Arab and Asian studies.
The admission to degree courses is made through an entrance exam followed by an interview. In contrast, the entry in certificate courses is made based on marks obtained in the 12th.
EFLU Hyderabad offers the following programs:
i) Part-Time Courses at EFLU
- 1-year Certificate / Diploma of Proficiency in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Persian, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean.
- 1-year Advanced Diploma of Proficiency in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Arabic, and Korean.
- 1-year Intensive Advanced Diploma / Intensive Higher Advanced Diploma in Russian.
- Russian is also offered as an optional course at the undergraduate level.
- 1-year part-time Diploma in Translation (Arabic – English).
ii) Full-Time Courses at EFLU
- 3-year BA (Hons.) in French, German, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, and Japanese. (Seats – 20)
- 2-year M.A. in French, German, Spanish, Russian, and Arabic Language & Literature. (Seats – 20)
- Ph.D. Research Degree in French, German, Spanish, Russian, and Arabic Language & Literature. (Seats are 16 for Arabic, 6 for Russian, and 2 for other courses)
- Post-graduate Diploma in Teaching of Arabic (PGDTA) – (Seats – 20)
Address: EFL University, Near Tarnaka, Hyderabad.
Phone: 040 – 27689000.
2. Study Languages at Osmania University
Established in 1918 by the Nizam of Hyderabad, Mir Osman Ali Khan, Osmania University is a public state university located in Hyderabad, Telangana.
Foreign Language courses are offered through the University College of Arts and Social Sciences.
i) Department of Classical Languages
Department of classical languages offers Arabic and Persian courses through the Dept. of Arabic and Dept. of Persian.
Both departments run the following programs:
- Certificate Course in Proficiency in Arabic (Six months)
- Senior Diploma in Modern Arabic (1 year)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Translation (Arabic-English) (1 year)
- Junior Diploma in Modern Arabic
- M.A. in Arabic and Persian
- Ph.D. Doctorate Research Programme in Arabic and Persian
ii) Department of Modern Languages
Department of Modern Languages has three departments dedicated to the European language — French, Russian, and German.
These three departments provide the following programs:-
- Four-months Junior Diploma in French, German and Russian – Twice a year, (July & December)
- Four-months Senior Diploma in French, German and Russian – Twice a year, (July & December)
- 1-year Advanced Diploma in French, German and Russian
- M.A. in French (Total No. of Seats: 20)
- 1-year P.G. Diploma in Russian language (Total No. of Seats: 20 seats)
- 3 Months Intensive Course for Beginners (Total No. of Seats: 15 seats)
Address: University College of Arts and Social Sciences, OU, Hyderabad
Phone: 040 – 27098298.
3. Language Courses in Hyderabad University
The University of Hyderabad, established in 1974, is an Indian Public Research University located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
It is primarily a residential campus with more than 5,000 students and 400 faculty from several disciplines.
i) Centre for Study of Foreign Languages
The Centre for Study of Foreign Languages is part of the School of Humanities, University of Hyderabad.
They offer short-term courses in German, Korean, Persian, French, and Spanish to the students of the University of Hyderabad.
There are two levels (Level-I & II).
Only registered students who are pursuing any course from the University of Hyderabad are eligible to apply.
Since intake is limited, the admissions is based on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Address: CSFL, School of Humanities, UoH, Hyderabad.
Phone: 040 – 23133663 / 821.
4. Ramakrishna Math – Vivekananda Institute
Ramakrishna Math is one name that has created a niche for itself in place of being one of the best language centers in Hyderabad.
Vivekananda Institute of Languages (VIOL) offers various foreign language courses in German, French, Japanese, and Spanish.
The VIOL teaches German and French at six levels – first & second junior, first & second senior, diploma I & II.
For Spanish and Japanese, the VIOL covers 4 and 5 levels, respectively.
Each level duration is three months, and the course starts in January, June, and September.
Classes are held three times a week on alternate days, and each one is two hours in duration.
If you hunt to find out the best language institutes offering French, German, Spanish, and Japanese courses in Hyderabad, VIOL is a good option.
The institute has stringent rules when it comes to discipline and attendance.
Students have to enter the institute 15 minutes before the start of the class.
It is also mandatory to attend at least 32 out of 36 lessons to qualify for appearing in the final examinations, promotions, and awards of certificates.
A diploma will be awarded only on the successful completion of the entire course.
Address: Ramakrishna Math, Lower Tank Bund, Domalguda, Hyderabad.
Phone: 040 – 27633936, 27635545.
5. French Classes at Alliance Française, Hyderabad
Established in 1980, L’Alliance Française de Hyderabad is an Indo-French cultural center specializing in French language teaching, organizing & curating cultural events.
It has two branches – Banjara Hills and West Marredpally, Secunderabad.
All French language courses are structured according to CEFR, i.e., DELF – A1, A2, B1, B2, and DALF – C1 and C2.
The Alliance Française Hyderabad is the only authorized Institute in Hyderabad to organize the official French proficiency test.
The AFH also offers tailored-made courses, conversation French, Business French, IGCSE and CBSE revision classes, etc.
Equipped with modern infrastructure, the center holds cultural events and includes a fully equipped multimedia library and a cafeteria.
They organize various cultural activities like monthly French films and documentary screenings, concerts, dance shows, theatre plays, exhibitions, conferences, workshops, and more.
The Alliance Française is the best institute for a French language course in Hyderabad.
Address: (i) Plot no.4, Aurora Colony, Road No 3, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad (ii) Plot 177, West Marredpally, Foodworld lane, Secunderabad
Phone: 040 – 2355 4485 / 86 and 2770-0734 (Secunderabad)
6. German Classes at Goethe-Zentrum, Hyderabad
The Goethe-Zentrum, a renowned German learning center, functions as a unit of the Goethe Institut, Max Mueller Bhavan.
It has three centers in Hyderabad – Banjara Hills, Kukatpally, and Secunderabad.
They have designed a practical curriculum with the latest language teaching methods.
The German courses have six levels: Goethe-Zertifikat A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, and C2.
The faculty of this German Learning center in Hyderabad are certified and well experienced to help the students to learn the German language.
Most of them perform consistently well in German proficiency exams like TestDaf and Zertifikat Deutsch.
If you are looking for a German course in Hyderabad, then Goethe-Zentrum is probably the best choice.
Address: 20, Journalists Colony, Road No. 3, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
Phone: 040 – 23350443 / 73.
7. Vivekananda Institute Of Foreign Languages
In Hyderabad, the Vivekananda Institute Of Foreign Languages (VIFL) is another language institute that provides coaching for foreign languages such as French, Japanese, German, etc.
The language courses are divided into three levels – Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced levels.
Plus, they also provide customized training as per the requirement.
Upon completing each course, they give a certificate of completion.
Address: 113, B-Block, Ameer Estate, SR Nagar, Ameerpet, Hyderabad.
Phone: 040- 6646 6466.
Few more Institutes and language learning centers are offering different foreign language courses in Hyderabad. In the future, I’ll add more names after due diligence.