Are you looking for french courses in Delhi? The capital city area has several Colleges, Universities, Embassy affiliated culture centers, and learning Institutes for French language classes.
Learning a foreign language can open up your career possibilities. French is one of the most exotic, mellifluous, and widely spoken languages in the world. French courses in Delhi have witnessed a considerable increase in the number of students as French is the most popular foreign language in India.
Why learn French of all the languages? There are myriads of benefits in learning French. While there are multiple reasons to learn French, the main attraction is language jobs and career options for French learners.
Table of Contents
- French Classes in Delhi
- 1. French Courses in Delhi University
- 2. JNU (Centre of French & Francophone Studies)
- 3. Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages
- 4. Jamia Millia Islamia (CELAS)
- 5. Institute for Career Studies – YMCA
- 6. Women’s Training Institute – YWCA
- 7. Alliance Française, New Delhi
- 8. ILSC Language Schools, Malviya Nagar
- IGNOU (School of Foreign Languages)
- French Language Institute in Noida
French Classes in Delhi
You can learn French in Delhi by enrolling in an Institute, or pursuing part-time or full-time French programs in Colleges or Universities, or even hiring a private one-to-one tutor. You will find all the necessary details like address, contact, fees, course and more.
Several institutes provide quality French language training along with preparing for the DELF, DALF, TCF, TEF exam, and other language proficiency tests. I advise you to join the one which has got good credibility and deliver results. Feel free to choose the French courses and learning center that suits you best.
1. French Courses in Delhi University
There are two types of French language courses at Delhi University. One is at the university level, and the other is many Colleges offering part-time Certificate / Diploma / Advanced Diploma courses. For Full-time degree level UG and PG courses in French, Arts Faculty (Department of Germanic and Romance Studies) is the only option.
A) DU Colleges (North Campus)
- St. Stephen’s College, University Enclave – Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Pitampura – Certificate
- Satyawati College Ashok Vihar – Certificate and Diploma
- Daulat Ram College, Maurice Nagar – Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma
- Hansraj College, Malka Ganj – Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma
- Ramjas College, Maurice Nagar, Delhi University – Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya, Pitampura, Near Sainik Vihar – Certificate
- Mata Sundri College, Mata Sundri Lane – Certificate
- Hindu College, University Enclave – Certificate
- Miranda House, Patel Chest Marg – Certificate
B) DU Colleges (South Campus)
- Jesus & Mary College, Chanakyapuri – Certificate
- College of Vocational Studies, Sheikh Sarai Ph-II – Certificate and Diploma
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, Netaji Nagar – Certificate
- Acharya Narendra Dev College, Govindpuri, Kalkaji – Certificate, and Diploma
- Kamla Nehru College, August- Kranti Marg – Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma
- Bharti College, C-4 Janakpuri – Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma
French is also offered as Discipline Course II in three colleges (Jesus & Mary College, Ramanujam, and Vivekanand College) of the University of Delhi. It is being provided as a Discipline paper to the B.A. Programme as well as the Generic Elective paper to the B.A. Honours students.
C) Arts Faculty – GRS Department
Established in 1948, The Department of Germanic and Romance studies is a prominent University and recognized as one of the best places to pursue the French language course in Delhi. The Department of GRS offers full-time BA (Hons), MA, M.Phil, and Ph.D. in French.
2. JNU (Centre of French & Francophone Studies)
JNU is the first University in the country to create a Centre of French and Francophone Studies. At the M.A. level, students may specialize in French & Francophone Literature or Translation & Interpretation. All JNU Foreign Language courses offer an interdisciplinary curriculum with a special focus on history, literature, language, and culture. JNU offers BA, MA, M.Phil, and Ph.D. in French through entrance test.
3. Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages
Students can focus on the French Language at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan through the Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages. The 3-year French course is divided into six semesters of 5 months each. Students will be awarded Certificates after 2nd, Diplomas after 4th, and Advanced Diploma after the 6th semester.
4. Jamia Millia Islamia (CELAS)
If you want to pursue Foreign language courses in Jamia, then CELAS is another good option. The Centre for European and Latin American Studies covers a wide range of areas like culture, society, history, and literary and cultural studies of France and other French-speaking countries. CELAS offers a one-year part-time Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma course in French in their Delhi campus.
5. Institute for Career Studies – YMCA
Delhi’s other French institute, YMCA — Institute for Career Studies, is famous for its French program. The YMCA, New Delhi is offering a one-year Diploma in French. Classes are held thrice in a week, and the one-year fee is ₹ 46,676.
6. Women’s Training Institute – YWCA
Another name that clicks in mind, when we think to pursue French courses in Delhi is YWCA. The YWCA New Delhi is offering one year course in French. The session starts in July every year, and Fee is ₹ 37,800.
7. Alliance Française, New Delhi
Alliance Française is one name that has created a niche for itself in place of being one of the best French-language centers in Delhi. It is an Indo-French cultural center that specializes in French language teaching, organizing, and curating cultural events. The highly experienced and skilled faculty at this French Institute is certified and provides great learning skills to all of its students.
The course is divided into 6 broad levels: Beginners (A1 – 162 Hours), Intermediate (A2 – 162 Hours), Advanced (B1 – 162 Hours), Independent (B2 – 200 Hours), Superior 1 (C1 – 216 Hours) and Superior 2 (C2 – 216 Hours) according to CEFR, DALF and DELF Exam in India. Each level is divided into 2-4 sublevels and offered as Fast-Track and Standard course. AFD also provides various customized and thematic sessions for Kids and working professionals.
It will take 3-4 years to complete Superior 1/2 (equivalent to DALF C/1C2). The Fee is between INR 12,000 to INR 15,000 for every sub-level. The entire French course fees in Alliance Francaise in Delhi will be close to 3-4 Lakhs. The AFD is also the only center in Delhi authorized to conducts the French DELF/DALF/TCF proficiency test. AFD also has a branch in Gurugram.
8. ILSC Language Schools, Malviya Nagar
ILSC is a well-know private language school in the world. All language courses focus on all four language skills, speaking, listening, reading, and writing, and focus on all the key aspects to adequately train the students in the French Language. ILSC–New Delhi offers various French-language programs from Beginners level to Advanced level.
IGNOU (School of Foreign Languages)
IGNOU, through SOFL, offers a Certificate and Ph.D. in the French language through distance learning. The Certificate in French (CPL) program aims to introduce French to beginners, whereas Ph.D. in French aims at specialization in French & Francophone literature, and cultures. Particular emphasis has been placed on studies of linguistic aspects and evolving didactics for ODL mode of teaching foreign languages at IGNOU.
French Language Institute in Noida
Boasting it to be the number 1 institute for foreign language courses in Noida, LanguageNext is a renowned language institute offering the best foreign language training service.
If you’re interested in French Classes in Noida, then the center has well structure modules designed for both students and working professionals. On top of that, Fees are quite affordable, and that includes all study material. The courses at French institute in Noida are divided into six parts, ranging from Beginners to Advanced 2 as per International curricula of DELF, DALF, TEF, TCF.