Are you looking for the best French courses in Delhi to immerse yourself in the language of love?
The capital city area has several Colleges, Universities, Embassy affiliated culture centers, and learning institutes for French classes.
Of all the fabulous choices, why learn French?
French is one of the most exotic, euphonious, and widely spoken languages globally.
The perks associated with learning French is endless!
French courses in Delhi have witnessed a considerable increase in the number of students as French is the most popular foreign language in India.
Table of Contents
- French Classes in Delhi
- 1. French Courses in Delhi University
- 2. JNU (Centre of French & Francophone Studies)
- 3. Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages
- 4. Jamia Millia Islamia (CELAS)
- 5. Institute for Career Studies – YMCA
- 6. Women’s Training Institute – YWCA
- 7. Alliance Française, New Delhi
- 8. ILSC Language Schools, Malviya Nagar
- IGNOU (SOFL) — Distance Learning
- French Language Institute in Noida
French Classes in Delhi
You can study French in Delhi by enrolling in an Institute, or pursuing part-time or full-time French programs in Colleges or Universities, or even hiring a private one-to-one tutor.
You will find all the necessary details like address, contact, fees, course and more.
I advise you to join the one which has got good credibility and deliver results.
Feel free to choose the French courses and learning center that suits you best.
1. French Courses in Delhi University
There are two types of French language courses at Delhi University.
One is at the university level. The second option is various Colleges offering a part-time certificate, diploma, and advanced diploma courses.
For Full-time degree level UG and PG courses in French, Arts Faculty (Department of Germanic and Romance Studies) is the only option.
A) DU Colleges (North Campus)
- St. Stephen’s College, University Enclave – Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Pitampura – Certificate
- Satyawati College Ashok Vihar – Certificate and Diploma
- Daulat Ram College, Maurice Nagar – Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma
- Hansraj College, Malka Ganj – Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma
- Ramjas College, Maurice Nagar, Delhi University – Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya, Pitampura, Near Sainik Vihar – Certificate
- Mata Sundri College, Mata Sundri Lane – Certificate
- Hindu College, University Enclave – Certificate
- Miranda House, Patel Chest Marg – Certificate
B) DU Colleges (South Campus)
- Jesus & Mary College, Chanakyapuri – Certificate
- College of Vocational Studies, Sheikh Sarai Ph-II – Certificate and Diploma
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, Netaji Nagar – Certificate
- Acharya Narendra Dev College, Govindpuri, Kalkaji – Certificate, and Diploma
- Kamla Nehru College, August- Kranti Marg – Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma
- Bharti College, C-4 Janakpuri – Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma
French is also offered as Discipline Course II in three colleges (Jesus & Mary College, Ramanujam, and Vivekanand College) of the University of Delhi.
It is being provided as a Discipline paper to the BA program as well as the generic elective paper to the students of bachelor’s degree.
C) Arts Faculty – GRS Department
Established in 1948, The Department of Germanic and Romance studies is a prominent University and recognized as one of the best places to pursue the French language course in Delhi.
The Department of GRS offers full-time BA (Hons), MA, M.Phil., and Ph.D. in French.
2. JNU (Centre of French & Francophone Studies)
JNU is the first University in the country to create a Centre of French and Francophone Studies.
At the Masters’s level, students can specialize in French & Francophone literature or Translation & Interpretation.
All JNU foreign language courses offer a multidisciplinary curriculum with a particular focus on history, literature, language, and culture.
JNU offers BA, MA, M.Phil., and Ph.D. in French through entrance test.
3. Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages
Students can focus on the French language at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan through the Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages.
The 3-year French course is divided into six semesters of 5 months each.
Students will be awarded certificates after 2nd, diplomas after 4th, and advanced diploma after the 6th semester.
4. Jamia Millia Islamia (CELAS)
If you want to pursue Foreign language courses in Jamia, then CELAS is another good option.
The Centre for European and Latin American Studies covers a wide range of areas like culture, society, history, and literary and cultural studies of France and other French-speaking countries.
CELAS offers a one-year part-time Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma course in French in their Delhi campus.
5. Institute for Career Studies – YMCA
Delhi’s other French institute, YMCA — Institute for Career Studies, is famous for its French courses.
The YMCA, New Delhi is offering a one-year Diploma in French. Classes are held thrice in a week, and the one-year fee is ₹ 46,676.
6. Women’s Training Institute – YWCA
Another name that clicks in mind, when we think to pursue French courses in Delhi is YWCA. The YWCA New Delhi is offering one year course in French.
The session starts in July every year, and the price is ₹ 37,800.
7. Alliance Française, New Delhi
Your best choice to learn French in Delhi is the Alliance Française.
It is an Indo-French cultural center specializing in French language teaching, organizing, and curating cultural events.
The highly experienced and skilled faculty at this French Institute is certified and provides excellent learning skills to all of its students.
The course is divided into SIX broad levels: Beginners (A1 – 162 Hours), Intermediate (A2 – 162 Hours), Advanced (B1 – 162 Hours), Independent (B2 – 200 Hours), Superior 1 (C1 – 216 Hours) and Superior 2 (C2 – 216 Hours) according to CEFR, DALF, and DELF exam.
Each level is divided into 2-4 sublevels and offered as a fast-track and standard course. It will take roughly three years to complete Superior 1/2 (similar to DALF C1/C2).
AFD also provides various customized and thematic sessions for kids and working professionals.
The fee is between INR 12,000 to INR 15,000 for every sub-level. The entire French course charges will be close to 3-4 Lakhs.
The AFD is also the only center in Delhi authorized to conducts various French proficiency tests like DELF, DALF, TEF, and TCF.
AFD also has a branch in Gurugram.
8. ILSC Language Schools, Malviya Nagar
ILSC is a well-know private language school in the world.
All language courses focus on all four language skills, speaking, listening, reading, and writing, focusing on all the key aspects to adequately train the students in the French Language.
ILSC–New Delhi offers various French-language programs from Beginners level to Advanced level.
IGNOU (SOFL) — Distance Learning
IGNOU, through SOFL, offers a Certificate and Ph.D. in the French language through distance learning.
The Certificate in French (CPL) program aims to introduce French to beginners, whereas Ph.D. in French aims at specialization in French & Francophone literature, and cultures.
Particular emphasis has been placed on studies of linguistic aspects and evolving didactics for ODL mode of teaching foreign languages at IGNOU.
French Language Institute in Noida
Boasting it to be the number 1 institute for foreign language courses in Noida, LanguageNext is a renowned language institute offering the best foreign language training service.
If you’re interested in learning French in Noida, then the center has well-structured modules designed for both students and working professionals.
On top of that, fees are quite affordable and includes all the study material.
The courses at French institute in Noida are divided into six sections — from Beginners to Advanced 2 as per International curricula of DELF, DALF, TEF, TCF.
If you have any questions related to French language courses in Delhi/NCR, you can ask in the comment section below.